Introducing our latest project! The MORRFlate TenSix™ 12v Portable Off Road Air Compressor!
This beast will take care of all of your portable off road air needs. Twice as fast as Smittybilt 2781s, and 58% faster than a Twin ARB! The big story that makes the TenSix™ shine, is what happens when you combine it with a MORRFlate Multi Tire Kit™:
Regular tire valve stems (and most after market valve stems) use a valve core called a “Schrader Valve”. With the Schrader Valve still inside your tire’s valve stems, that makes an opening of roughly 1/16” (or smaller!). 1/16″ openings are only rated for about 1.8 to 2 CFM (cubic feet per minute) of air flow at 20 psi (now, that CFM rating goes up as you “push” with more pressure, such as a CO2 tank, or a pressurized on board air tank, and it goes down as far as .8 CFM at 0 psi). By running straight off of a compressor with no tank in the mix, your tires can only really accept about 2 CFM of air flow at a time. So, by using other popular compressors on the market that flow 5.65 CFM or 6.2 CFM, and doing 1 tire at a time, you aren’t able to get the full use and output of those compressors due to the bottleneck of air flow at your tire’s valve stem. The “useable CFM” while doing 1 tire at a time is really only 2-3 CFM for the pressures that we run in tires while off roading. That means that not only are you not getting the best efficiency from your compressor, but you are creating a backlog of pressure on your compressor, making it work harder, and possibly fail prematurely.
Now with MORRFlate’s Multi Tire Air Kits, we can finally start making use of higher CFM compressors. By combining the air flow from 4 tires at the same time, we can theoretically make use of a full 8-12 CFM of air flow without creating any bottlenecks or back pressures on your compressor. Which is why we have designed and come out with a compressor that pushes a monstrous 10.6 CFM! Thus making use of the “useable” air flow for airing up off road vehicles!
Comparing a TenSix™ on a MORRFlate Quad Kit, to a 6.2 CFM compressor on a single tire, you wont see just a 58% decrease in air up times, you should see a theoretical 300-400% decrease in air up times! Pretty crazy! Do your own comparisons and let all of your friends know your feedback!
- 10.6 CFM dual cylinder compressor at 0 PSI
- 6.5 CFM at 30 psi
- 150 psi rated
- PSI Cutoff Switch (80psi on, 120psi off)
- Thermal Cutoff Switch
- 50% duty cycle (30min on, 15min off)
- 12v, 90amps peak, ~50amp running
- 14x7x9″ external dimensions
- 70-75 dB noise level from 1ft distance
- Beefy carrying bag with accessory pockets
- Threaded filter caps so the compressor can now be mounted in any direction/orientation
- USA Standard color matched air fitting – “Universal” Coupler (Works with Industrial or Auto fittings 1/4″ plugs)
- WARNING: Compressors get hot! Recommended to wear the included MORRFlate Groovy Gloves while disconnecting air fittings.
- Since the TenSix™ is rated for 10.6 CFM, it is highly recommended to use with a MORRFlate Multi Tire Inflation & Deflation Kit to avoid back pressures on the compressor from filling 1 tire at a time.